Functional Integrated Dry Needling - Module 2
• Muscle Referred Pain is a phenomenon that has been described for more than a Century & has been used extensively as a Diagnostic tool in the clinical Setting.
• Typically Pain from the deep Structures such as Muscles, Joints, Ligaments, Tendons & viscera is Described as Deep, Diffuse & Difficult to locate accurately in contrast to superficial types of pain, such as pain originating in skin.
• Peripheral Radicular Pain Model (Module 2) as the name implies is needling on the flow of Peripheral nerves from Proximal to Distal.
• The presence of the Fascial Adhesive Band (FAB), Trigger Band (TRB), Fascial Adhesive Areas (FAA), Trigger Point (TRP) which are results of slightest shearing force because the muscle can only withstand longitudinal force & not shearing force, the Nerves sometimes gets Fixed.
• The Referred Pain can be perceived in any region of the body, but the size of the Referred pain area is variable & can be influenced by changes in Somatosensory Maps.
• The process where Nerve gets fixed is called as Neural Fixation in which the Nerve typically losses its ability to glide & Stretch which results in increase in its Intraneural or Perineural Pressure.
• Peripheral Radicular Pain Model (Module 2) follows the standard principles of Neural Mobility & Neural Functions.
• The process in Peripheral Radicular Pain Model (Module 2) addresses the working of dry needles so as to provide freedom of movement to the Peripheral Nerves to maintain Nerve Conduction, Electromagnetic Conduction, Intraneural Blood Supply, Intraneural Nerve Supply, Local & systemic Responsiveness.
• Physical Therapists
• Medical Doctors
PT, MS (USA)
• PT, MPT Sports Physiotherapy, MS Pain Management USA.
• Chief Pain Management Consultant & Sports Physical Therapist at Prizorgo Pain Management & rehabilitation services.
• Chief Pain Management Consultant & Sports Physical Therapist for Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon (2015).
• EX Physical Therapist for Conditioning camp Delhi Dardevils IPL Team (2016)
• Founder & Chief Instructor of University of MKT (Move Kinetic…Read more
By Dr.Mihir Somaiya | 15/01/2021 - 16/01/2021
Functional Integrated Dry Needling for Pain Management and Functional Rehabilitation is neurophysiological evidence base...View More
By Dr.Mihir Somaiya | 12/06/2021 - 09/10/2021
Functional Integrated Dry Needling - Module 1...View More
By Dr.Mihir Somaiya | 12/06/2021 - 27/11/2021
Functional Integrated Dry Needling - Module 2...View More